Tottenham’s Trojan Horse? at the Tate Exchange this summer – August 6-11 2019
Mark Panton, a member of the Birkbeck Sport Business Centre, and comic-maker Amanda Lillywhite will be producing an interactive exhibition as part of the Who Are Ya? event at the Tate Exchange at Tate Modern in London between 6-11 August, 2019.
Mark and Amanda are working with businesses, community groups and individuals affected by the plans discussed in their book ‘Tottenham’s Trojan Horse?‘ to create displays, video installations, participatory activities and a conversation area for ‘Who are ya?’ at Tate Exchange. ‘Who are ya?’ will reflect on football, identity and art with many other groups and individuals taking part (please see Tate Exchange for details). Mark and Amanda were contacted by the organiser because of their book ‘Tottenham’s Trojan Horse?’ which explores social issues related to the new Tottenham Hotspur football stadium.
As the organisers say:
- “Shooting straight out of the FIFA Women’s World Cup in France and heading into the next season, Tate Exchange and collaborating artists and groups are tackling preconceptions about art and football. Grab your boots and kit as Tate Exchange explores the relationship between art, football and identity.”
You can visit the interactive exhibtion at:
- Dates: August 6-11 2019
- Times: 12-6pm each day
- Address: Level 5, Blavatnik Building, Tate Modern, London SE1 9TG
- Plan your visit: www.tate.org.uk/visit/tate-modern
- Tottenham’s Trojan Horse? blogspot: http://tottenhamstrojanhorse.blogspot.com/
- Tate Exchange website: www.tate.org.uk/visit/tate-modern/tate-exchange
- Who are ya?: www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-modern/tate-exchange/workshop/who-are-ya
This is a free event for all ages, no tickets required just drop in.View all News articles