The London Launch of the: Governance Guide for Turkish Football Clubs
The London Launch of the
Governance Guide for Turkish Football Clubs
Monday 7th June 2010 – 6pm – 7.30pm
B33 Lecture Theatre
London WC1E 7HX
(For directions please see the pdf map).
As demand for attendance at this event is expected to be high please RSVP to email@example.com to confirm your attendance.
The Birkbeck Sport Business Centre is hosting the London launch of the Governance Guide for Turkish Football Clubs in association with the report’s authors, the Corporate Governance Association of Turkey (TKYD).
The Keynote speakers will be:
- Dr Levent Bıçakcı, former President of the Turkish Football Association, and member of the UEFA Appeals Committee.
- Mr Dorukhan Acar, TKYD Board member, The Boston Consulting Group Project Leader
- Mr Mete İkiz, TKYD Board member, Private Equity Director of the National Bank of Greece
- Sean Hamil, Co-Director, the Birkbeck Sport Business Centre
The TKYD has taken the initiative to support establishing the standards of corporate governance in Turkish football. TKYD’s focus is to ensure good governance principles in the Turkish business community and the Turkish football industry with its estimated €750 million market size as of the 2009/2010 season meaning it has become a very tangible part of the Turkish business community.
In order to support and guide football club directors at all competitive levels a set of guidelines has been prepared and was launched in Istanbul in January 2010. The English version of this Governance Guide for Turkish Football Clubs is being shared with the international media and UK representatives, with participation of media representatives from Turkey, on the 7th June at Birkbeck College, University of London.
- Introduction to the Governance Guide for Turkish Football Clubs.
- The Governance Guide for Turkish Football Clubs.
- The Corporate Governance Association of Turkey website
- Corporate Governance Association of Turkey
For more information:
Birkbeck Sport Business Seminar Series Contact Details
For further details on the seminar series contact:
Department of Management
Tel: 020-7631 6763