Sport & Advertising: A French Perspective
A seminar as part of the Sport Business Seminar Series
Given by: Alain Bibal
Friday 23th April 2014 at 6pm
David Davies Lecture Theatre – GO8
Malet Place (off Torrington Place)
For directions click here
This event will operate under “Chatham House Rules” – no external reporting without the permission of the speakers
In this presentation Alain Bibal will first present an overview of recent trends in the often symbiotic relationship between the advertising and the sport industries. The presentation will be heavily focused on illustrating actual advertising campaigns by leading sport brands including:
- The Barclays Premier League (with Barclays, Sky, Carlsberg, NBC & ESPN advertisements).
- Brands (Nike, Adidas & Puma) with a highlight into the advertising strategy for Adidas at London 2012 with Sid Lee’s advertisement “Take The Stage”.
- Athletes (Cantona, Zidane & Bolt) with a focus on the Eric Cantona advertisements in France and the UK.
Alain will be joined by Laura Jacobs, Group Account Manager at the leading advertising agency Wieden+Kennedy:
- Laura will present a case-study of the long-running RunLondon advertising campaign – see details of the 2005 campaign.
- Wieden + Kennedy London website – http://wklondon.com/
- Alain Bibal is a manager in the Sport Department of the Mayoralty of Paris. Previously he worked in advertising in France & Australia. He also lectures at the ISC School of Business, University of Paris 11. At 50, he still plays Water Polo for the Racing Club de France and is a former marathon runner. He’s also member of the French Art Director Club.
For further details on this seminar series contact:
Department of Management
Tel: 020-7631 6763